- Fundraising articles are written by FIT editors often based on information provided by fundraising pages originally written by fundraisers on Virgin Money Giving events pages. Fundraisers are asked for consent prior to publication on fit.care and this is recorded on this website. We will not use this information for any purpose other than to publicise the original fundraising activity, and we will delete this information on an annual basis.
- Some events include some personal details e.g. the name of the person who has inspired the event. We undertake where this is the case to only use that information for the purpose of fundraising for FIT and will delete that information once fundraising is complete or a maximum of 1 year later unless you specifically request us not to do so by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- NOTE Articles published on this website may also appear on the Fungal Infection Trust website.
- Continuous logs are maintained of web server activity. These log files include the details of your IP address (only for the purpose of estimating your location for crude demographic analysis), browser type, page last visited etc. Log files are used to analyse usage of this website, and may be kept in an anonymised form for historical records.
- If you email us to ask a question, report a fault etc, we will only use the personal data you provide to reply to your message. We do not keep this information, or share it with any third party unless you have consented to this or this is so permitted by law.
- If you have any concerns about the use of your personal data on this website, please contact email@example.com.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained up to 2 years. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us here. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
How we protect your data